Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Open Source Helpdesk Software

I was looking around for some helpdesk software for just me to use to help me organize my tasks. I came across a few different solutions.

OTRS: This is the one that I ended up with. It is perl based, has many enterprise type features, and seems to be updated quite frequently. Another plus is that it has it's own ubuntu package, making it very easy to install. I did run across one bug during the installation where I just had to aptitude the libperl apache module.

OneOrZero: At first glance this appeared to be the one that I wanted. I tested it out and found a few bugs in a short amount of time. On top of that, it looks as though their free version isn't supported any more.

eTicket: This was actually my second choice after OneOrZero. I decided not to go with this php based software because there seem to be some big changes with their managment. I may go back later and look at this though.

No comments:

Post a Comment