Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Review: 10 Advanced Tips to Improve your Programming

While reading through one of the feeds on PHP programming, I came across an article on advanced tips to improve my programming. I though, it might be a good read with some useful information, so I proceeded to read.

The first comment was great and provided a link to a good article with a SQL injection cheat sheet. With the first tip being very good, I though I was in for a good read.

That is where everything changed. There are some very bad style issues concerning this article. Sure its great if you want to cut down on the amount of code you want to use and make it run a little faster. But realistically you should always use brackets and proper spacing and indentation, as well as comments.

What I got out of this article for good tips:
  1. Use an SQL Injection Cheat Sheet
  2. Know the Difference Between Comparison Operators
  3. Use str_replace instead of ereg_replace and preg_replace
  4. Use isset instead of strlen (who uses strlen?)
It might also be good to use a framework and memcached but that all depends on how big of a project you are working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment