Monday, February 16, 2009

Got my book in the mail

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my book in the mail this past Friday. I just browsed through it so far but it does seem to have some very good tips on beginning a job as a freelancer or contractor. One of the most interesting things I've seen so far was a link to the Freelanceswitch.com rate calculator. It basically adds up some figures based on expenses, investments, and hours worked to come up with a rate that you should be charging. Of course it leaves out some basics such as taxes and such, but that is very difficult to deal with when you have a calculator that calculates internationally. Some other good mentions are certifications. Of course, coming from Php|architect, there would be.

I think the best part of the book is that it could be used across different languages. Most of the focus is not on php, but on the aspect of finding a job or running a business. I'd deffinetly recommend this book for anyone looking to get into the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment